Welcome AFSCME Local 1092 Members

Home | Officers | News and information | Meeting Minutes|Other Notes and Minutes| Unite 1092 Newsletter | Calendar| Officer Webmail LOGIN

Meeting Minutes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Local 1092 Meeting Minutes

September 13 th, 2017---Cloquet Labor Temple

 

Type of Meeting: E-Board

Meeting Facilitator: Jason Montgomery

Call to Order: 4:30 pm

Roll Call: Jason Montgomery, Dan Ring, Heather Schultz, Jason Anderson, Cameo Torok, Louis Kneisel & Jessica Langhorst (excused)

Old Business:

New Business:

Correspondence:

Good & Welfare:

Motion to Adjourn: 4:41 pm

Type of Meeting: General Membership

Call to Order: 5:20 pm

Roll Call: Jason Montgomery, Dan Ring, Heather Schlutz, Jessica Langhorst, Jason Anderson, Cameo Torok, Louis Kneisel (excused)

-Plus 10 additional members *Quorum Met*

Old Business:

New Business:

President’s Report:

Chief Steward MSOCS:

Chief Steward MSOP:

PEOPLE Committee:

Motion of Adjourn: 6:21 pm


 

Local 1092 E-Board Special Meeting Minutes

September 7 th, 2017---Cloquet Labor Temple

 

Type of Meeting: E-Board

Meeting Facilitator: Jason Montgomery

Call to Order: 4:53 pm

Roll Call: Jason Montgomery, Louis Kneisel, Jason Anderson, Jessica Langhorst, Heather Schultz, Morgen Martin, Cameo Torok, Dan Ring (excused)

 

Special meeting called to discuss Grievance Training for stewards on Wednesday September 13 th, 2017.

 

Topics Discussed:

 

Other issues discussed:

 

 

Motion to Adjourn: 6:35 pm M/S/C

 


 

Local 1092 General Membership Meeting Minutes
August 9th, 2017---Virginia Servicemen's Club

 

Type of Meeting: General Membership

Call to order: 5:35 pm
Roll Call: Jason Montgomery (excused) Louis Kneisel, Jason Anderson, Jessica Langhorst (phone), Dan Ring (Moose Lake Office) 1 additional member at the Cloquet Office and another via phone. (Quorum not met)

-July meeting minutes tabled until next month M/S/C

Treasurer's Report: Tabled until next month M/S/C
-Includes negotiation expenses, $500 donation

*** A special THANK YOU to Dawn Poski for all of your volunteered efforts in the days leading up to voting on our contract! It is greatly appreciated! ***


Chief Steward MSOP: A few 3rd steps, one going to arb team, waiting on another response, won a grievance dealing with OT, things are going well. Increase in votes already!

-Council 5 will have new Executive Director next month on the 19 th.


Chief Steward MSOCS: Site visits went well, 2 grievances going to 3rd step, discussion on RAVS meeting, safety committee tomorrow talking about EASE training as usual


PEOPLE Committee: The PEOPLE Committee screened 5 ISD 709 School Board Candidates on July 24 th. The committee made recommendations to Council 5's Executive Board to endorse 4 of the 5 candidates. We won't know until the Executive Board meets on August 25 th if they accept our recommendation. If you are available to help, get our endorsed candidates elected by contacting Zach Sias at (218)341-9117. Primary elections are on September 12 th,2017. For the members who live in Duluth, please vote for our endorsed Duluth City Council candidates at-large; Barb Russ, Zack Filipovich and from District 4, Renae Van Nett.
-21 new contributions: either new or increased- 1092 member numbers are going to be good!

***Thank you Mike Messenger for helping out! ***


Closing of General Membership Meeting: 5:51 pm M/S/C

Opening of E-Board Meeting: 5:51 pm


New Business:

-Motion to open nominations for convention M/S/C
-Nominations for the convention: Cindy Martin, Carrie Hall, Shanna Draves, Joe Marczak, Mike Steffis, All E-Board, Christina St Germaine, Deborah Hansen, Mike Pack, Susan Sipper, Dawn Poskie, Jen Montgomery, Amanda Reikel, Tom & Cindy Cherro, Jen Collelo (will verify with all nominees, new nominees will notify Cameo T.) Vaughan Thompson
-Motion to Pay lost time/mileage for Heather, Cameo, Louis M/S/C
-Motion to send 3 people to September 28 th financial responsibility training in Duluth lost time/mileage
Jason A., Christina S., Tom C. (trustees) M/S/C
-Motion to pay lost time/mileage for stewards attending training on September 13 th at the Cloquet office, final list will be sent to Jason Anderson M/S/C
-Christmas: Discussion of either gift cards, turkeys, hams for members, Jess will find out deadline for turkeys/hams, will do a poll on Facebook and then decide next month.


Motion to adjourn: 6:05 pm M/S/C

 


 

Local 1092 General Membership Meeting Minutes
July 12 th, 2017---Cloquet Office

 

Type of Meeting: E-Board
Meeting Facilitator: Jason Montgomery
Call to Order: 4:40 pm
Roll Call: Jason Montgomery, Louis Kneisel, Jason Anderson, Jessica Langhorst, Heather Schultz, Dan Ring, Cameo Torok
Members Present: Jennifer Montgomery, Christina St. Germaine, Deborah Hansen plus 2 members via phone (total of 13, quorum not met)
-Reviewing June's Meeting Minutes, one correction sought. M/S/C
Old Business:
August's meeting will be out last meeting at the Serviceman's Club in Virginia. Letter has been sent to notify. Members seem to be in favor of the Cloquet office overall.
President's Report:
Grievance denied, currently waiting for response from arbitration team.
Hoping to have potluck during the September 13th meeting here at the Cloquet office. This will tie in with the stewards training that day since it will be right afterwards.
Will be closing Convention nominations at August's meeting.
Motion to appeal at MSOP M/S/C
Vice President's Report:
Lou, Heather and Cameo will be on lost time August 7th-9th visiting sites and getting everyone out to vote.
Nominating J.C. to "Never Quit International Award"
Chief Steward MSOCS:
July 31st attending RAVS meeting regarding the closing/repurposing of program. Bringing questions we have along with those brought up by members. Jason A, Morgan, Heather and Cameo attending.
Recap of MSOCS Labor Mgmt Meeting: vacancies, changes in the day programs, various vacation and scheduling issues.
Chief Steward MSOP:
Discussion about grievance process and who to report to first: HR or Supervisor, reminding members that you can start your first step in the process with your supervisor.
Members working out of class and then being required to do investigations on coworkers/members
PEOPLE Committee:
New employee training in the northern regions will have 1st day at MSOP
The PEOPLE committee met on July 6th to review the ISD 709 School Board Candidates' questionnaires. The committee will be screening 5 candidates; Sally Trnka, Josh Gorham, Rosie Loeffler-Kemp, Art Johnston, and Jill Lofald in person on Monday July 24, 2017 at 6:00 PM at Council 5 Office 211 West 2nd Street Duluth. If you are a PEOPLE member or a member that would like to see the screening please show up.
2 MOM cards given to new hires at Crisis, getting more.
Good & Welfare:
C.B. $100 M/S/C Also, get prayer book to K.B.
N.B. $100 M/S/C

New Business:
Central Labor Body Labor Day Picnic @ Bayfront- $500 M/S/C
New vinyl 1092 Signage- $1500 Fund already in place to use for this
Nominating Jason M & Lou K to be delegates on the Carlton Co. Labor Body

Motion to Adjourn: 6:09 pm M/S/C



 

Local 1092 General Membership Meeting Minutes

June 15th, 2017

 

5:32 pm Meeting Called to Order/Roll Call : Jason Montgomery, Louis Kniesel, Jason Anderson, Jess Langhorst (via phone), Dan Ring, Heather Schultz, Christina St. Germaine, +4 additional members present at MSOP.

-Reviewing May's membership meeting minutes- No corrections saught- M/S/C

Old Business: Cloquet Office- did not meet quorom to vote.

President's Report/Jason Montgomery : Supplemental Negotiations, Correspondance-Per capita, members doing very well on MOM cards (28 fair share as of current list) MSOCS is waiting on list, official resignation from Ron Oswald (Thank you for your service!), have auditors report from international. Jason and Lou attended President's Meeting, will share powerpoint ( www.cutshurtmn.com site explains legislation easily) "Push Week" next week, speaking of upcoming potential healthcare changes, denial of leave, medical changes (info on website.)

Vice President's Report/Louis Kneisel : Supplemental negotiations, MSOP-gridlocked-no one agreed, wanted to drop a MOU to agree to at negotiations, management kept trying to pull people aside, offered incentive packages, etc. Lou has notes and attendance if needed: 22 present from management versus 9 members, a lot of back and forth conversation throughout the session.

Treasurer's Report/Jason Anderson : Treasurer's report passed out, CD locked for 5 years, transferred savings due to checking being run down, will be replenishing savings, still behind on 3887 paying rent for office, lodging for SEPC and MCOCS Supplementals, mileage, invesitigations, flowers, retirees, meals/per diem, postage, office supplies, donations, loss time M/S/C

MSOCS Chief Steward's Report/Heather Schultz : 3 grievances, filed 3rd step, issues at Grand Rapids and the Range: need a meet and confir with supervisors; Labor Management: changing the bidding in the letters, Moose Lake ICF is now called "Agate Place" & Virginia ICF is "Cedar Ridge", mention of "appreciation day" in the southern regions-maybe something to try up north?, CARE has 16 open shifts on current schedule, supervisors are refusing to come in and help, should do site visits maybe in July? MSOCS members frequently waiving union representation, being told "not disciplinary" yet it turns out it is.

MSOP Chief Steward's Report/Jessica Langhorst : Several grievances/investigations ETL, watch accruals, unpaid leave, thanking the stewards who have stepped up, grievances not getting to 3rd step meeting when it should be- if they ask us-get it done- try to schedule monthly even if there isn't a Labor Management meeting scheduled.

PEOPLE Committee/Christina St. Germaine : 3 candidates endorsed, Zach Filipovich, Barb Russ and Renae Van Nett- June 20th 6pm meeting Duluth office, (Jason sending to me) Let Christina St. Germaine know if you are interested in attending any events or helping with phone banking, lit dropping, etc in the future.

Good & Welfare - Mel Louks at Pike Lake Home out 8 weeks surgery, Jen will speak with bible company, Mike Pack mentioned that a Crisis staff has been out 2 months- (Mike?) due to back problems, following up.

New Business : Nothing due to quorom not being met.

6:52 pm: Closing of General Membership Meeting.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:52 pm E-Board Meeting Called to Order by President.

Open Secretary Position : Cameo Torok expressing interest, current E-Board voted M/S/C

Cameo Torok sworn into Secretary position. (Thank you all for this opportunity!!!)

Cloquet office : Majority that voted in Facebook poll were in favor, we have talked at many of the meetings outside of the poll as well, M/S/C

-Pros of the Cloquet location: Rent is $250 a month, has a sink, room downstairs is huge, cheaper, centralized location, wifi, commercial kitchen, other unions use building.

-Drawbacks: Building is currently for sale (but has been for years) so it will have to be a month to month lease, will belong to Carlton County Labor Body, portion of dues will be disbursed to them but may be covered under already standing payment made to the Northeastern Labor Council. Jason will speak with landlord to get things in order.

Chris and Jess went to Policy Committee - next meeting is in October, MOU for MSOCS pilot program would change it into a full time float person, work with management, schedulers could meet when making schedules to utilize those in the pool, then we can take away the variables and the requirement of being assigned to only certain locations, Chris wants to be on the committee for this pilot program- lots of denial of using program (asking to pay loss time and mileage, include room to share in the situation things change and they start early) M/S/C Chris will verify.

 

7:11 pm E-Board Meeting called to order by President.

 


 

About Us | Privacy Policy | Feedback Questions | ©2008 AFSCME Local 1092